...words are flowing..my heart is writing..

Monday, February 28, 2011

The SunKen Garden

Everyone loves flowers, the beauty of it is explicitly beyond description of God’s work.. When I was a child, I remember a cartoon series named “Mary at ang Lihim na Hardin” which came as my favorite cartoon ever until I grew up a lady. I remember how I patiently wait for the time to play its theme song, I actually sing along with it, memories came back when am secretly anticipating every clips of it as it was reminded over and over the television.

One of the episodes I love the most was when Mary found out how the secret garden looks like, when she happen to enter the sacred place for the first time. She was stunned for the beauty of the place and didn’t utter a word for quite a while. Then she found out that her mother really loves the roses planted in the garden that was the time she understood her father, she understood why her father wants her to get rid off the garden. Her father was so afraid that the said incident might happen again to Mary.

Mary returned home with a plan in her mind to relive the garden for the sake of her mother’s memory. And as soon as she was growing up, the story reveals that it was not actually her mother’s memories that keep the beauty and enchantment of the place, but it is because of Mary’s love for the garden, it is because of Mary’s pure heart that understands the need of the garden; to be whole again, to live again and to give joy to everyone’s heart that is longing to see the secret and enchanted beauty of the flowers inside. Since then, the garden was opened to the public, the story about her mother’s love for the flowers goes on and on along with the beauty of Mary’s heart that relived the sanctity of the place.

In our lives, we sometimes forget the beauty within because we are candid beyond the walls of our secret gardens; we thought that what keep us alive are the memories we keep inside its dens. But alas! We are blinded of the reality that plainness and the magical events outside the gardens are exactly what keep the beauty of it. It was actually what we are experiencing, love, forgiveness, sharing, understanding, and believing is what really are the flowers that blooms into it..

Yesterday, I feel as if I am Mary in her secret garden, but today, I feel as if I am her father, protecting all the secrets that lie behind the gardens. Tomorrow, I will be the caretaker, who will tell the whole story how it was called the sunken garden…

No comments:

Post a Comment