...words are flowing..my heart is writing..

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Carmi talks about Politics

Six Years ago, I have shared my life to the place I grew up with. I have rendered and exchange my supposedly “being an educator” (since I have passed my MBA exam that time to pursue my dream of becoming a professor).

It was one of the hardest decisions that I have made. Choosing the public governance to return back the favor and do the things that you have to do for the sake of your community. It was actually a crucial decision to make that time. After the first term, there was a pinch in me that wants to pursue public service and governance. However, I realized that the world is too imperfect for an ideal set up.

Being into public service requires a lot of courage and patience.  Facing challenges and every day issues is but normal part of politics. Siraan dito, tsismis doon. Rumors scattered everywhere, judging you without fact neither concrete evidence. These are all part of the political transformation that I once dream to change.

I envision a community with progress, with educated and disciplined mind, with mutual respect and understanding within the neighborhood, with cooperation and trust with their leaders. I failed. Because I envisioned it alone.

After several years, I found an army, persons that understand me perfectly, persons that will add value to the community. Persons with clear vision and have a will to political transformation. I feel a bit sad. Because, I also found out that I am not getting younger, that the six years in service made me realized how much more will I have to exchange for this “transformation”.

Then suddenly, I slow down, I finally learn to accept that “maybe I dreamt too high for my community..maybe, I opt to just let them stay the way they want to since I cannot stand the clamor”

I did not regret nor will I ever regret the day I join these brave people who stand for what they believe is good for the community. In fact, I salute to them, because I knew how difficult to lead a stagnant environment. A place where people don’t want change, or should I say, wants a perfect change but let their leaders work alone with magic. 

Yes, there is a silent majority, and they are silent. Too silent that they don’t realized that they, themselves are not doing their part. Too silent to voice out and cooperate instead of throwing bitch words and criticisms to these few people who stand in their feet and begging the entire place to come and cooperate with them. Too silent that they even forget how much things our community have lost.

I salute to my colleagues, and even though I know that there will come a time they will compete among each other, I keep myself mum and will not take any side because I know, I was there, I have listened to their arguments, and all of them has their intention to help and make a change. To lead the community.

In the end, I still want to believe to what I envisioned; a community with progress, with educated and disciplined mind, with mutual respect and understanding within the neighborhood, with cooperation and trust with their leaders.

To the members of Sangguniang Barangay..I salute you all!  Marami pong salamat sa pagtanggap at pagtitiwala ninyo sa kakayahan ko.


Six years has been a room of learning for me. It was hard, challenging but worthy.  Yes. After many times of thinking it over, I finally decided to say goodbye to politics.

Again, I am proud to say, I did my best, I have contributed to the best that I can..now I am heeding the challenge to the entire community. WORK WITH YOUR LEADERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment